8.27.2008

Energy Bar

There is something so “white yuppie tool” about walking around with a Starbucks cup in hand, but damn if I can’t resist the urge to do it. Especially with one in my building and one on the walk in.

Anyhoo, so with theMan working 16 hour days, including the weekends for the next 3 weeks I’ve found myself with a lot of free time in the evenings. Not sure what the difference is from having him home to not, but it’s made it so my evenings seem REALLY REALLY long. In that vein, I’ve cleaned the house, done laundry, organized dressers, sorted items for storage, made dinner, ran errands, finished editing pictures, and watched movies I’ve wanted to see. I’m hoping this is that second trimester energy I’ve been dreaming of, even though I still have about 2 more weeks until I’m officially in my second trimester.

Tonight I want to work on the baby’s room some more. It’s coming along but there still is a long way to go, things that need thrown out or moved downstairs. I have a feeling in September we are going to be acquiring a LOT of baby stuff (hand-me-downs) and I’m convincing myself our apartment can handle it without stacking it up in piles.

On that same note, I guess at some point I switched from “not believing I was really pregnant” to “okay sure, maybe I’m pregnant but we’ll see” to “shit, I need to prepare.” Because I had no trouble buying up 100 onesies this weekend at all of the garage sales nor did I mind in the least washing and folding and putting away them all in the baby’s dresser in piles according to size.

Did I tell you that I have the best friends in the entire world? My GWO crew is working diligently on throwing me a baby shower in December with all the fixings that I love: Good food NOT from Gordon Food Service, tasteful useful decorations, in a beautiful setting on a lake! And bonus: no awful “guess what melted candy bar this is?” in a diaper game or tacky balloon centerpieces. Just good food, friends and cake. Hells yea! AND my Chicago crew/sister is throwing me a smaller one here that involves turkey, wine and really, that’s all I need to know. Even though I don’t want this pregnancy to go fast, I am sorta stoked about the parties. I love parties! Gifts or not.

Anyways, yea. That’s all the update I have. I’m anxiously awaiting my 9/11 appointment to see if theMan’s plane can hit the Pentagon, so to speak. And yes, see the little whipper snapper again. I don‘t know if “irony” is the right word, but it’s funny that the one time in my life we can have all the unprotected freaky, non-interrupted by a newborn, sex we want is the one time I’m on restricted activities and cannot.

Maybe that’s why our apartment is so clean. Gotta put that energy somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home