8.20.2008

30 or Best Birthday Ever

My god. I couldn't have even imagined that my 30th birthday would be as awesome as it turned out. My sister is amazing. My husband and family are amazing. My friends are amazing. My life is amazing.

Friday I take the day off work bcause my mom is in town. I start the day by getting to see Coen when he wakes up all crazy-haired and cuddly. Then I head to my first OB appointment with my new doctor. As a surprise I get to do the ultrasound with the wand on my belly like I'm really pregnant! I see the little critter (this week he's a plum) and he's moving around. They can barely see the heartbeat but call the doctor in to double-check. Turns out it's fine, and it's moving! She is also very awesome. Makes me assure her I can see what I'm really seeing, not being "Rachel from Friends" (her words). Plus the office looks like a swanky artist's loft. It's sooo weird. My vay-jayge felt all classy. Plus it was nice knowing the baby was okay and I'm all good. I have to wait until 9/11 for my next apponitment to see if the bleed is gone and if I'm off "restricted activities". But hey, it's the least I can do for the little booger.

SO....after that I have brunch with my mom and sister and head to my surprise hair appointment! theMan woke me up by telling me he is glad I'm on the planet and "oh I made you a hair appointment." Love him.

I pick up mom for some maternity shopping at Target (finally found pants that fit) and get werid calls from my sister like, "Where exactly are you?" "What road are you on?" "When are you coming home?" Turns out when I walked in her door almost all of my GWO girls were waiting to surprise me! I teared up, screamed and yelled something along the lines of "Holy fuck!" Best surprise ever.

I just kept hugging them and saying "I can't believe you are really here!" Turns out they have been planning this for MONTHS. I thought we were supposed to get together next weekend!! So they give me my gifts including a ring I've wanted forever, lube, and wine and I start feeling like a spoiled birthday princess. Pretty much perfect. :)

But oh no, the surprises don't stop there.

We get downtown to this great Italian restaurant and I walk in and almost all of my Chicago friends are there to suprise me too!!!! I seriously could have just passed out. We spent the remainder of the night, eating, drinking and laughing. Which honestly, is my idea of heaven. All of my loved ones enjoying themselves and followed by cake.

Later that night I tried on maternity clothes my BFF Jen brought and we landed in a heap of tired on my sister's floor.

The rest of the weekend my BFF Heather stayed with my mom and we shopped, ate and played with Coen.

Seriously, my 30's couldn't have started any better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home