7.28.2008

Heartbeat 140


Everything is good. We are measuring a week behind which made me bawl like an idiot for most of the appointment, but after calming down and my homies doing a little research for me, it’s probably fine. My cervix is closed, all my signs are good and the heartbeat was 140. The doctor didn't even seem concerned but was matter-of-fact in that we just have to wait and see.

We saw the heartbeat immediately too!! So crazy! They even let us listen to it. I could have listened to that all evening.

I do have a fibroid on my left ovary but Doc. B. said I want that because it means it’s pumping out a ton of things to keep the pregnancy going. Plus, it's not bothering me.

I have another appointment next Tuesday at 1:40 to do a follow-up ultrasound to make sure it’s growing. I’m nervous but feel a lot better. I think I’m just really attached to this little blob and so far it’s been something at every appointment. Looks like I’m getting ready for parenthood.

They are doing all the bloodwork and checking my progesterone again to make sure I am at the right levels. Should get a call tomorrow.

HOWEVER, in true ME fashion, I did get into it with the appointment lady and I called her a “harpy”. Sigh. I went in the back instead of the front like normal since it was an OB appt. She gave me attitude about scheduling another ultrasound so early and I asked her if she wanted me to perform it myself, called her a harpy and went back to the front desk to complain. They said, “yea, she’s a bit much.” I said, “Am I going to have to deal with that b*tch at the new office?” They said, “Sadly no, we get to deal with her.” They were very understanding and took care of me. Apparently that is why she sits in the back.

One for the baby book.

Bonus round for most f-ed up baby book ever: Our first cab driver nearly killed us. 2 cabs were fighting when I hailed one, so we just got in the first one. He pulled around and rammed his car with us in it into the cab that we didn’t get into after we went around the block. So the cabbie in the other car spit and it hit theMan in the face. I started yelling to let us the “F” out right now. He pulled over and we didn’t pay.

Oh baby, you are in for the ride of your life with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home