8.24.2008

$40

I'm pretty good at garage sales and finding deals. It was a rite of passage in my family to go with my great-grandparents with a $1 in hand and set out to get as much as you can. I learned to negotiate and I learned that second-hand goods can be a treasure.

But this Saturday morning with $40 in hand, proved extra fruitful. I got 2 bags of maternity clothes (and nice Gap shirts and pants too) and one large bag of baby clothes, including a changing pad, bottle sterilizer & one silly bug toy. This is a view of all the baby stuff. I even bought 2 robes, something I said I didn't want because it seemed silly. But...they were cute and I could picture wrapping up our little lime in them after a bath next winter.

Tonight I washed everything on delicate cycle and folded into appropriate piles, and put away in the baby's dresser. For once doing laundry didn't feel like anything except a labor of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home