7.27.2008

Maternity Wear is all flowers

What a long needed relaxing weekend that was. Started it off by spending Friday night sleeping. Literally 14 hours of sleep. Only slight interruptions but I never had any trouble getting back to the business at hand.

My husband is a god for letting me be THIS lazy. Okay, not lazy, just really tired and cranky.

He didn't have any weddings this weekend and I didn't have to drive 1,050 miles so we spent every moment together. Cleaned the house, went to the grocery store, got breakfast together and read the paper. Didn't even hit up any cemeteries. We even went to the mall and he made me feel okay about trying on maternity clothes. Apparently already much needed since I also spent my Saturday pulling things out of my closet I can't wear, and won't be wearing until NEXT fall 2009.

I bought this shirt, my first maternity shirt. The sales girl said, "Have you been here before?" I said, "Yes, just not for me, I'm sorta freaked out." She just smiled then she left me alone. Kinda wish I would have basked in all her questions and congrats but I just felt like a fraud. I felt like I was shopping for a girlfriend!?

So I bought it. I made myself. It's not my favorite shirt, I didn't have to have it. It has flowers on it for god sake, but I wanted to indulge. So here I sit. All round and covered in flowers.

Tomorrow at 11:20 we get our first glimpse at this little person. To say that every waking thought is consumed by this, would be an understatement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home