7.31.2008

God's Precious Gift to me

Sure, yes, our child is ultimately god's precious gift, but more urgently...TUMS. Holy mother of god do I love those things. I can almost handle the nausea as I haven't actually puked yet. But the indigestion is really hitting me hard. It doesn't matter what I eat, it all makes me burn down to my stomach and up to the back of my throat. ALL DAY LONG.

So today I finally picked up some Tums in "Smoothie Flavors" and wow. Instant relief. Plus they are packed with calcium. Bonus for the fetus!

Also, ever since I left the doctor's office I feel pretty good about this pregnancy. I think I figured it out, other than the scary ultrasound, I mean. My doc's office is used to treating people with infertility issues. They are well-known for it in the Chicago area. While I do not have such issues so far, I get the same treatment. They don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but they are going to test the shit out of you to make sure they are doing all they can so you can feel good about that at least.

They can't say "It's going to be okay!" to me when I'm crying in their office about my little pinto bean running a week slow. Because they are very used to it not being okay for a lot of their patients, a lot of the time. While I waited in line for my urine test I heard 3 different ladies come up to talk to them about triggers and IVF appointments.

So instead of being sweet, they stay real. They run more tests and keep an eagle eye on me and don't get my hopes up.

At least that is what I'm telling myself. Maybe I'm naive. However, I'm very much looking forward to this next ultrasound and if all is well, which I really feel like it will be somewhere deep inside of this anxiety, being moved to the new practice. i.e. The younger docs that deliver the babies. While I love the hyper-testing and would recommend my practice to anyone that asks (and have to 3 ladies here at work), I also need my doctor to hug me and sure, maybe lie a little bit and say, "It's going to be okay."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home