7.22.2008

7 Weeks

Hi! Remember me? Crazy insande peeing-on EPT lady? Well, I just got back from a girl's trip to Memphis and my god. My intestinal tract is slowly recovering from the pork, ice cream and 100 degree heat.

I shall have a full on trip report this week and pictures are going up slowly but surely in Flickr. However, I thought I'd let you in on a little pregnancy news. The news being I can no longer wear any of my pants. Seriously.

I mean, I wasn't exactly swimming in them before but I could at least button them. I can't button one pair of pants that I own. Not one. I can button, barely, 2 pairs of shorts but our office is business casual, not Jimmy Buffet casual. Other than that I've been wearing every single dress or skirt I can muster from the bowels of my closet. My other saving grace, which felt REALLY WEIRD to buy: The bella band. It only felt weird because 1.) I'm not even that pregnant. Something my preg. books love to point out....

"Oh no one will be able to tell you are pregnant yet! You should take a picture now to compare in a few months to see how you looked before you began to show!" While I'm reading this I'm laying in bed no longer able to see my crotch from my eyes perspective.

And 2.) Um, I need to buy maternity clothes? Something for being pregnant? You could say it's sunk in but still feels a little surreal at this point.

I will say the Bella Band people have totally missed their market. It's like a headband that keeps your pants up when you can't button them and looks like a tank top or another shirt under your top shirt. It would be perfect for bloating or after eating a big meal! So far I've convinced no one non-pregnant at work to buy them for this reason.

I'm not posting any pictures of my belly until I see the little heartbeat on Monday. Then I will feel less and less weird about having a round gut like a 5 month pregnant woman and more like a Momma Goddess with Bloat.

P.S. Also got the almighty nausea I was warned about. I have to eat about every 2 hours or I feel like I'll barf. Woo hoo!!! This is jus so weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger momtoabean said...

I haven't been to your blog in forever! Congratulations on the pregnancy!! Eek! How exciting!

I LOVE bella/belly bands! I wore them for months even after I had my daughter!! They are the shit!

Okay, I think I've already used too many exclamation points, so I'll stop now :) Congrats though, and good luck with pgcy, I'll certainly be a regular here again.

8:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home