3.06.2009

Due Date Eve

Due date eve today. All day it felt like "okay, when we get home from work we'll start contractions and get this show on the road. But let's get dinner first." So we did. Went to our little cafe and had an amazing dinner complete with rich chocolate cookie and tea for me, coffee for poppa. Then climbed a bus and went home and analyzed every twinge and pang while I read every labor story I could get my hands on.

Started having random contractions out of nowhere, just sitting on the bed tooling around on the internet. That's new. Normally they involve trips to Target only. So around 9:00 p.m. theMan, getting anxious, says "Want to walk around Borders?"

So we do. I circle that store at least 20 times, every single aisle 4 times each until they warn us it's going to close. Contractions pick up and are actually pretty strong! But we're running out of time! Now where do we go? The local WalMart in the burbs is closed...oh wait! I remember an article in Time Out Chicago that says there is a Home Depot open until midnight!

It's now 12:07 and we're back. We walked and walked, held hands and looked at tools. Now we're eating cereal and I feel like she's dropped into my knees.

Here's hoping 3/6/09 comes with a surprise. If not, at least the weather is supposed to be nice for some outdoor walking this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home