1.27.2009

The Final Countdown

Had my final "2 week" appointment today, now I'm going into the every week ones where they start fishing around in the va-jayge. I will say, I'm pleasantly surprised at the total lack of "fishing around" they have done. I figured pregnancy was 9 months of fisting, but so not the case. A little in the beginning and a whole lot the last month then one final BIG OLD FISTING FROM WITHIN and presto!

Next time they are checking dialation and figuring out what position this little lady is in. I gotta believe she's head down. I feel her really strong on the lower left and upper right under my ribs. We shall see. I can lay in bed now and watch my belly jump around. Even been known to wake up theMan at 2:00 a.m. to feel her going nuts. (He doesn't mind seeing how he comes to bed then anyways.)

People at work keep looking at me like I'm going to break my water at any moment. At a photography shoot this week people were horrified that I was running around, lying on the ground, going up stairs...I don't know, I just feel sorta energized! Except of course, if I sit too long. Then it feels like my undercarriage is falling out when I stand.

But if I stay mobile...well, let's see: Saturday I cleaned the entire house, mopped, swept, wiped down, dusted and then moved on and organized the nursery, as well as packed bags for the hospital within a 2 hour window. Either I'm nesting or insane.

Our baby shower for our Chicago crew is this weekend. Should be a pretty small affair with plenty of awesome food and booze for those not knocked up. I'm going to face plant into my sister's root beer float punch bowl and German chocolate cake.

So that's where I'll be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home