2.10.2009

35 Weeks 3 Days

Had my first “internal” and honestly, it wasn’t awful. I’m not dilated, at least nothing she reported on and Addie isn’t “engaged” but she is head down (got to see her on ultrasound). Thank goodness! At first Dr. V. couldnt' feel her head from my cervix so I was nervous she was still breech. Good job Addie!

WOO HOOO! So I'm still thinking this baby is hanging out until March 1st-ish. She did look pretty smushed in there though. No wonder she kicks me hard!

Also, Dr. V. said “Just so you know, our main goal, all of the doctors in our practice, is to let you make your medical decisions. You will never be pressured to have drugs or get a c-section and you will always be informed.”

Also, their default is to get the baby on your chest immediately after birth (unless it needs some attention) as in, skin to skin contact and all of the nurses can help with lactation consulting for breastfeeding (i.e. I asked because of my breast reduction). Plus, they ask the dad if they want to cut the cord always unless, and I quote “Your face says very clearly you are not able too.” Ha ha ha ha She was so great. I just wanted to put her in my pocket.

Also, she made me feel really okay with going to the hospital last week because I basically peed my pants.

I don’t have to even come back next Tuesday. She said to cancel and just come back at 37 weeks. YAY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home