9.11.2008

14 Weeks Appointment

I guess all the genetic stuff is NEXT week so I have to come back in for that in about a week. Also, I'm 14 weeks instead of 13 weeks now. So due date is back to 3/7/08 and I'm officially in my 2nd trimester. Personally, I think they are just using my last period instead of all that baby measuring I did early on, but oh well. It's not an exact science anyways.

I also couldn't pee for the first time in 3 1/2 months so I didn't leave a sample. Even though I kept sending theMan out to refill my water cups. I lost 3 lbs. (no idea how) and my blood pressure was fine.

Now on to the cute stuff...

The baby is HUGE. Well, okay the size of a fist, but STILL. Way bigger than the blob we saw last time. It looked like a baby! It's back was to us, head down, (also, placenta in back) and little spine all prsent. And in those few anxious seconds of finding a heartbeat it pumped its fist in the air a couple times like "Go Momma!" or "Stop bothering me". Then I saw the heartbeat.

SO neat to see it move and actually look like a person!! It's little face and skinny arms. theMan was WIDE eyed too. I didn't get to take any pics home sadly, but next week I hopefully will.

She asked me about feeling ligament pains, that I probably will soon, and when I told her I felt very round this week she said it was completely normal. I'm also off restricted activity (boom chicka wow wow) and they weren't going to check the "internal bleed" if the heartbeat was there, which it was. So yay!

Also, got my thyroid checked, but won't know that for awhile. Also, in 6 weeks we find out what it is.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home