3.12.2009

Drop it like it's hot!

Here’s the deal and I didn't have to lose too much of my dignity:


-Baby is “way lower and working her way down there” – direct quote

-However, no dilation, still.

-BUT, cervix is “way way way, softer than the last time” – direct quote

-Blood pressure is perfect, baby is great and I only gained 1 lb. (so swelling doesn't seem to be pre-eclampsia, which I sorta worry about)


Also weird thing….this time when she checked me she had theMan come up to stand by my head (never does this) and digs around in there for a really long time and it HURT. Way different than previous checks. So I wonder if she stripped my membranes or something but didn't tell me. For some reason I can’t ever ask, I clam up. But trust me when I say it felt WAYYYYY different. Internal exams aren't like a great time, but they never feel like that, nor do they last that long. I realize I have a pretty sweet vajango, but DAMN.


Plus she’s not one to ever get my hopes up, but after she was done kept saying “Now, I’m not predicting but there could be a change within 2 days. You could start labor, 2 days, watch for signs…” Just kept saying “2 days”. Which after researching "sweeping membranes" it can cause labor to start in 48 hours.


I realize I’m reaching for straws, but whatever. I need hope people.


Worst case scenario: March 23rd is my LAST POSSIBLE DAY. That is the day I will be induced. To her credit, even though I’m uncomfy and ready to be done, I still liked that she said, “I really don’t want you to have to have a c-section. First babies take a few weeks.” Because I don’t want a c-section, and I needed that reminder in my current state of discomfort, so that’s nice. She is still the doc I wanted.


My only groveling came when I said “You know, I have the car seat in the car and my suitcase, we could just go ahead and do this!” She was like “Sweetie...” So now I love her even more. Plus she said she was excited I waited for her to get back from vacation. So I didn't feel like another vagina in her payroll. She was hoping to be here for me.


But yea, another 10 days max. Even though that seems like forever, at least it's a date and man, I feel like a new woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home