12.09.2007

Heathers


My gal pal Heather came up for a visit this weekend since I had to take Friday off to get rid of some of my extra vacation days at work. I love Heather. That girl is absolutely a blast. She's up for anything and I took full advantage of that quality in her.

Friday when we got here we hopped right in the car for breakfast and shopping. We went to Trader Joe's and walked out with 4 bottles of wine, 2 kinds cheeses, crackers, pretzel rolls and truffles for a indoor picnic lunch with Sis & Coen.

Good or bad, Heather & I can pretty much talk to anyone. So at the grocery store while we were chatting with people in the wine aisle, free sample aisle and the cashiers, one of the cashiers gave us a loaf of bread for free that was left because the guy who left it on the counter was mean.

This also came in handy at the restaurant where we spent the night drinking wine. It all looked so good and we didn't know what to order so our waiter, Cesar (spelled?) picked everything out including 2 appetizer courses, all of our entrees and 2 dessert courses which were absolutely perfection and only $33/person!! Unheard of in Chicago. I believe I hugged him about 40 times while Heather told him all about why she loved it here! He kept calling us "mi amores!" and coming to sit with us. Heather & I parted with Jamie and went to the Green Mill for jazz until late where sadly, nothing was free but it was still fun.

Saturday we went to the movies (August Rush, eh...) and book shopping followed by chick flicks, wine and decorating our place for the holidays. She left this morning and oh was I sad to see her go. Thankfully I have great pictures to remind me.

I've set up a Vimeo account for videos here. Right now it's just a really dark, low quality short of Heather & I coming in from a night of way too much wine. But it's finally proof for my man that I'm a bossy loud son of a bitch when I'm drunk. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home