11.08.2007

Cringe

Ugh. Looking through old journals and such in an effort to organize and de-clutter our lives, I found some poems I wrote as a wee 18-year-old. This was written about the first time theMan & I held hands.

The things I do for this blog...

2/3/97
Hand falls behind the wall.
You’re there, catching me.
Blue Electric Fingertips
Reach for something…
I found it in you.
Gently, not too fast…
You take mine, consuming my doubts
Turning into hope, hopefully.
Fingernails crawl up my arm,
Grasp my wrist…
Letting you lead me to my destiny.
Hopefully.
Your touch dances on my palm,
I’m not numb anymore.
I can see it all so clear.
Laced in mine, violet embrace…Beautiful reality,
Frightening dream world,
Peaceful imagination,
I’m falling every day…
Gentle squeeze…
It’s complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home