11.20.2007

Put a Cork in your Board


I like to make stuff and I'm out of walls at home. And because my cubicle at work is going to probably be my cubicle until the end of time, I've decided the beige/grey has to go. Immediately. Unfortunately the office supply closet doesn't really lend itself to bright colors or putting the "fun" in functional. It's all black and grey plastic. So I decided to just do a little DIY (do-it-yourself) to make this space I spend 37.5 hours a week in, my own.
I found an old corkboard (grey carpeted, shudder...) in the bowels of the office supplies shelves. It was dusty and on the bottom in the back. I then went to my favorite fabric store of all time (Vogue in Evanston) and bought a yard of fabric for $4.99. I brought that in with my handy staple gun and industrial staples and went to town before work on Monday. All in all it took about 5 minutes. $5 for 5 minutes.
You gift wrap the board in the fabric and staple the hell out of the back. Viola! Now go forth and pretty up your office space. Although now I want to make mustard colored pushpins.....

And I also love a deal, so I've created a new set with all the deals I've found and photographed! Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home