12.04.2007

Santa can suck it

Hey all! Remember me? The author of this here blog that can't seem to put 2 sentences together with any kind of frequency? Sigh.

Right now I'm battling a vicious head cold and a throat that makes me sound like Kathleen Turner after 2 packs of Camel Wides. I've also been busting my ass at work because it's review season and well, I love my job so I don't want to lose it. Thirdly, my tiny little grandmother is laid up in the hospital, long-term care unit, with a completely shattered back so the family has been getting together to figure out "the next step."

But really, I've just felt unfunny and distracted lately. It's the holidays so it's busy, plus I went and screwed up our checkbook so no gifts this year. Hell, we can't even get a tree. So yea, that does not make for a very witty Kitten.

As far as the checkbook goes, we are getting closer to this debt free dream, I just set us back about 4 months. Things could be worse. It was going to be 2011.

I do want to get better about writing here though. Over Thanksgiving I found myself sitting back, getting quiet and just taking it in. Whether it be my family singing Uriah Heep at the dinner table or hearing my neice, Grace tell me all about her Christmas tree. I find I am trying to collect all these perfect memories and what better place to get them down, than here. My own corner of the inter-web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home