3.22.2009

4:30 a.m.

Okay, um yea, the freaking out has sorta commenced. I can't sleep, which really? A last night fitting for a pregnancy full of early morning awakeness. And I'm longing for my girlfriends and wine and I keep staring at the co-sleeper like "holy crap." I also haven't sterilized any bottles or cleaned the house but I'm so glad because it's busy work I can do later today after I wake up again. I also realize I need to eat light meals today so none of it comes back to haunt me on either end once I'm in labor tonight, but damn my go-to-stress-buster is FOOD people. I want my mom's meatloaf and my sister's anything.

Keep looking around like "okay this is the last time for...xyz." Even my nostalgia is annoying me. Why isn't anyone on Facebook this early to chat???

I kinda want to call my mom and tell her to get her happy ass up here right now. I also want my grandmas and my mother-in-law, my sister and really, just every single woman I know to come with wine, chocolate and stories to make me laugh.

Okay, deep breaths. I know I can do this. It's just...wow. I'm finally going to have a daugther. Wow.

In my inbox this morning:
Word of the Day for Sunday, March 22, 2009

pithy
\PITH-ee\, adjective: concise and to the point; full of meaning and force

c. 1400, from Old English pith, of unknown origin but cognate German words referring to "inner part, essence."

Thanks Dictionary.com for keeping it positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home