3.19.2009

Squatter Baby

My last prenatal appointment!

Just an update.....Cervix is still soft but closed, no changes, no dilation and she's still high (no effacing). Basically, my junk is like Fort Knox. Also figured out why they are doing Sunday night induction so late. Dr. V's plan is Sunday night at 10:30 they are going to insert a balloon to try to dilate me manually without cervix softeners (she kept stressing that they want to get me into labor as naturally as possible), and start me on very low dose of pitocin to get me to dilate. BUT I can get the epidural and I will be able to sleep if I need either to get me through the long night.

She said they want to do Sunday night because she doesn't look for me to actually have her until Monday during the day, and more staff is available for any emergencies. Which that made me feel taken care of!
Everything looks great though, Addie just loves it in there apparently. Ha!

My blood pressure is fine, she's fine so hopefully I can go in, dilate fast, get this show on the road with little or no drugs and BAM: Big fat healthy baby.

Dr. V. was cute, she said "I've seen a lot more squatter babies since the recession. It's like they don't want to come out and start paying taxes or rent."

I've officially started maternity leave today and theMan has officially had his last day of work (although they graciously gave him all his remaining vacation pay, thank god!). So we are spending these next days together alone relaxing and enjoying each other.

I'm not one to "relax" but taking off these 2 days is the best thing I could have done. I felt it instantly when I woke up this morning at 6:30 and said "Welcome to our new life" to theMan without feeling any anxiety about my commute or what pants will barely fit today. Ha! We both just keep saying "It's amazing how relaxed we are!" Even though it's not like my work was stressful! But there is something about soaking in these last days of quiet.


For instance, our first day of leave today: We got up at dawn without an alarm clock, went and took pics by the lake, had coffee at a cafe, went to my appt., had lunch, did some shopping and now I'm taking a nap. Why don't I make myself relax more!??! Addie, you've changed your momma.

A sad note, there was a lady in front of me at the reception desk that had just had a miscarriage. Made me so grateful Addie likes me so much to not want to come out. Kinda put things in perspective about being induced. So I'm going to stop rushing her and just keep focusing on her being here healthy. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home