1.08.2009

Contractions

So apparently I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the past month off and on. I had no idea! Man, compared to my seriously nervous and worried every single second first trimester I have turned into a "eh, when I see the baby's head, then I'll freak" sorta gal.

Not that I should have freaked, they went away and never lasted more than an hour, but wow! I had no idea! Basically my belly would tighten really hard in the evenings every week or so, for about an hour and it'd be a little uncomfy. So I'd just sit and assume I had done to much that day.

I haven't had them in the last few weeks, not as bad as I had in December. So I'll just keep keeping on. Plus, I'm sorta proud that I actually listened to my body and took it easy. That was exactly what I should have done.

In that vein of trusting my body, this past month we have been reading books on labor for the Bradley method. The closer I get to giving birth, the more I really want to try to experience this as medicated free as possible.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I do not think if you give birth medicated/c-section you are not really experiencing birth or that makes you less of a woman or your kid will be a serial killer.

I just want to really feel it. Weird as that sounds. I'm kinda hopeful to see what my body can really do. You know? I keep thinking, it will only last awhile and I just want to see. Now, will I jump off a building if I end up having a c-section? No. This is just the first time I actually trust my body, my strength. So we'll see.

8 weeks to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home