1.23.2009

Obama

I haven't blogged about the inauguration yet and I have no reason other than brain mush. For the first time in my history I watched the entire event, speeches you name it, and was absolutely and completely filled with hope.

I'm not the most eloquent of people when describing big events and how they shape me, but these pictures do that for me. All I know is I watched this race closely and Tuesday I sat in our office breakroom and tried not to cry from joy.

But really...if you want to know how I really feel, read this guy. He's better at it.

"...Thing is, I’m supporting an honest, level-headed man who seems to care about doing a good job and telling people the truth. But, I’m not supporting a poster. It’s posters we need a shit-ton less of right about now."

EDITED TO ADD: And here...here here Ma'am, thank you for saying what I had been thinking for years. We did it but we can fix it. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home