12.26.2008

M.I.A.

I'm sorry, mostly to the 3 people that probably read this blog, but I feel like I've had 1,000 blog posts running around my head but no gumption to get them down here! I haven't even told you about the beautiful, emotional baby shower my best friends threw us!! It had a chocolate and cheeseball theme for Buddah sake! How for the first time in Christmas history I had a lovely time with both my dad and my bio-father within a 24 hour period that wasn't awkward (usually awkward with bio-dad, dad-dad is never awkward, just fun) and actually resulted in a ton of emails from extended family wanting to get together further!

This kid of ours has actually managed to bring together families that we had drifted from a little, just by being her gestating adorable self. We've even been in closer contact with some of theMan's family that we haven't seen much of (our fault, not theirs).

Have I mentioned how overwhelmed and blessed I feel? I mean really. No shit. So far I've had few pregnancy complaints, and when something does bother me, I just can't work up the bother to complain. It's just been "fine." Really! Even my sister said to me yesterday, "I forget you are pregnant, you just aren't miserable!"

From the hand-me-downs, to the baby showers, to the lovely compliments, to the financial good news that has come our way, to my overall good health so far...I've just never felt so peaceful.

I suppose just to be fair and not all "Miss Sunshine coming out of her ass" I do have some issues. I fart at really really really awkward times, I now have red stretchmarks on my once lovely dewey white belly, and my back pretty much aches constantly. But I don't know, I mean, fuck...I'm making a human!! Could be worse!

I must tell you though, we have had a great Christmas this year. From the visits with family to seeing the niece & nephew open their gifts and cuddle them all day, to having Coen help me make christmas cookies, to spending today shopping with the family...and especially both of us taking this entire week off work and weddings to just soak in each other...it's been rejuvinating. I was originally sad we didn't have a tree or any traditions, but I think if we create any with Addie, it's going to be the holidays are for relaxing. I've already put in for 2 weeks vacation next year for just that!

So I do apologize, I promise to do a nice long post about our shower, because quite frankly, it deserves it. But for now, I'm so god damn happy I could do cartwheels. If only I could bend over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home