12.28.2008

Vacation All I Ever Wanted

I rarely take more than a few days off from work here and there, but this time I decided to take a full week at Christmas just to unwind and not commute in this shitty weather. Let me tell you, it was so worth it. In fact, I've already put in for 2 weeks next year at x-mas just to expand the goodness. Only next year it will be with Adelaide in the mix.

The only thing I didn't get done was to visit the library to finally pick up the new Malcolm Gladwell. However, all is not lost as I have a couple more days off later this week and I'm still knee deep in "Breakfast with Buddha," on loan from my bud Heather. And as per usual with Heather's suggestions, it's pretty darn enlightening.

I woke up to no alarm for 9 days (although rarely napped or slept in), I cleaned the weirdest areas of my house previously neglected (doors, toilet paper holder, outlet covers), I spent a ton of time with family and my niece & nephew, finally mastered a biscotti recipe, did 14 loads of laundry including baby clothes, nearly sewed a stocking for Yorke, finished thank you cards from the shower (surprisingly bad at this because I found it hard to put into words my thanks...more on that later), shopped until we dropped, and cuddled with my man non-stop.

It sorta gave us a preview of maternity leave together, although minus the sleep deprivation and small person in the house crapping their pants.

Tomorrow it's back to work but I don't even mind. Because of our budgeting/paying off stuff, we are right on target, actually ahead so my headspace for the new year is just right. I'm healthy (as far as I know), we're materially ready for this baby, and rested and relaxed.

Please Allah/Buddha/Whoever, no curveballs. I'm enjoying this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home