7.05.2008

Uterus Tales

Um. Well. Holy crap.

So it went down like this: Friday morning after sleeping in a near coma, I decide to take a pregnancy test before I go down and drink with all my cousins for the 4th celebrations. I figured out I was about 7-8 days late and might as well get the inevitable NADA. So I peed, rested it on the sink and walked in the kitchen to start my eggs.

45 minutes later the eggs are still sitting cold on the stove while me and theMan stare at each other in awe. I enlist my sister and one of my BFF's for confirmation. The line was faint but it was there, however for some reason I thought both theMan & I were hallucinating. I mean surely not. We were not, according to my experts, it was there and we were pregnant, more specifically me.

So we just decided to wait 24 hours, not say a word to anyone, somehow convince people we're suddenly NOT interested in the free unlimited beer all day and test in the morning.

I got through the day, stealing looks at each other when we'd each hold other people's babies or when someone would offer me booze. I know I was being quiet but I tried to just be normal Suzy. Later that night we left some fun peeps to go to bed. All the faster morning would come and we could test again.

I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and convinced myself it would not be negative, that I didn't find the one day a month those things show up positive. So I took the test and bam! another faint line. The faint lines were REALLY pissing me off at this point. theMan tried to convince me but I just wanted it to be darker. You know, screaming at me, not these wussy faint blue lines everywhere!

So I sheepishly crawled into bed with my BFF/cousin who we stayed with in Indiana and asked her opinion. Being awesome she immediately sprung up, got me another test, looked up the results when we got yet another faintish but present line, and then drove me to the nearby Walmart for one that would just say "Pregnant, you asshole" or "No, you are hallucinating".

This time by the time I got up and washed my hands, on my 3rd pee of the morning in less than 2 hours, it came up almost immediately: Pregnant. It even refrained from calling me names for doubting it's brothers in the front lines.

So. Yea. We're going to possibly be having a baby around February 28th-ish and wow. I'm about 6 weeks along but I'll know for sure when I see my doctor.

Holy effin crap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations, again! I love The Man's little "yeah, I did it" smile.

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home