12.12.2007

Dave Ramsey, I’d blow you if I weren’t married

A slight malfunction this month (okay, not slight) caused us to not be able to buy anyone Christmas presents (I called everyone and begged them not to buy us things because we can’t and wow, that wasn’t fun...sigh) and not completely pay off all credit cards by 12/31 like planned and eat Ramen noodles and water. So these past 2 weeks I’ve wanted to jump off a bridge just to be completely dramatic, because the screw-up was my fault.

But really, we did soooo good this year on paying off debt that I want to give ourselves a little visual pat on the back. Especially me because I'm feeling like an idiot.

In some cases we knocked off 3 years of payments! When finished we will have gone from debt free in 2015 to debt free in 2008. 7 WHOLE YEARS!!!

While the total paid off doesn't seem like a lot, imagine all of those monthly payments that were nickel & diming us. AND we are no longer accruing interest on any of them, as they are all closed with 0 balances. PLUS!!! We've taken all of those monthly payments and are applying them to the remainder of our debt and building our savings. From coming from dirt poor with no way out, this is a lifesaver. My girlfriend's have managed to pay off anywhere from $15,000 this year doing this method!

If you are in need of your own debt snowball, go here or buy Dave’s book! Being debt free would be a great x-mas present to give, so I say buy people his book!! I am indebted forever to my girlfriend's for introducing this method to us.

Anyhoo...

Paid off in 2007:
1.) Utility back payments (HomeTownVille): $208.00
Paying minimum payments: 3
Payments using snowball: 2
Original Pay off date: May 2007
Actual Pay off: April 2007

2.) Grandfather loan: $325.00
Paying minimum payments: 6
Payments using snowball: 3
Original Pay off date: August 2007
Actual Pay off: May 2007

3.) A Credit Card: $500.00
Paying minimum payments: 31
Payments using snowball: 4
Original Pay off date: September 2009
Actual Pay off: June 2007

4.) Electronic store credit card: $820.00
Paying minimum payments: 19
Payments using snowball: 6
Original Pay off date: September 2008
Actual Pay off: August 2007

5.) B Credit Card: $1000.00
Paying minimum payments: 37
Payments using snowball: 8
Original Pay off date: March 2010
Actual Pay off: December 2007

All that is left is C credit card, our car, and one student loan to go and I will issue a great big FUCK YOU DEBTORS!!! I have a new goal. Debt free by 30!! And I think it's doable.

YAY!

2 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

so, you gotta know that some of us are wondering exactly what it is you did to screw things up. haha. ;)

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Suzie said...

good for you guys...nothing better than debt free.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home