7.17.2007

Putting the Foo Back in Nursery


Somehow I got roped into painting a nursery for a dear co-worker friend of mine this last weekend. Actually, I know how I got roped in: I work for an accounting and finance firm….the creative types aren’t exactly packed in here. But hey! She found out about my set design past and asked me for a solid, which I happily obliged, plus she's awesome.

Plus the idea was cool! No Pooh or any of that shit, just rock lyrics on the walls and a border of music notes and such. I forced theMan into helping me tape off the lines and we were set. All day Saturday and the end result is they loved it!

Plus this lady has had a very hard go of getting pregnant, over 4 years and many treatments, you name it. I was honored to even be involved since it is such a special occasion!

I have been really getting into interior design lately so this helped since I’m all out of blank walls at our space. And providing my uterus ever cooperates, when it comes time for us to have a nursery our kid is sleeping in a walk-in closet in our living room. So yea, not exactly going to be painting that all cutesy. City living man.

This weekend is another GWO. We had to put them together because our schedules didn’t cooperate in April. However, I’m not going to bitch about seeing my lovelies twice in one month! On the agenda is wings, cooking, and dancing in the street at some festival. I have a feeling after this we’ll be trying to schedule these things monthly anyways or at least figuring out a way to get them all up here living in Chicago. Maybe our unused nursery could hold some bunk beds?
You in girls?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home