7.03.2007

Pooped

Things I’m pondering while trying to stay awake:

1.) Anything Reverend Billy does.

2.) Bush is out of his fucking mind and god I love proof: “Bush wipes away Libby's prison sentence."

3.) This perfectly describes my filming experience: “Overall, what I could see of the shoot was pretty disappointing. There were a bunch of hipsters who looked like they moved to Hollywood ten years ago to make the next Pulp Fiction but somehow found themselves hauling cables around for Michael Bay instead.” http://www.sweet-juniper.com/

Sorry for the lack of posts. I’ve started bartending a few nights a week to put more money towards our debt. It’s so much fun and fabulous money and I feel kinda cool doing it, telling my cube-mates “yea, I was working the bar last night…” Watching their envy rise at the glamour of it all! Totally kidding. It’s not that glamorous. In fact, it’s kinda extra super not glamorous because you have to smile and take shit off of old guys for tips, clean ashtrays and serve people, but it’s not stripping and I can wear jeans and it’s fun to learn new drinks and to talk to people. Last night I gave free shots and conversation to these guys gathered for a wake for their friend’s dad and before they left they hugged me. That felt good! People that stay out until 2:00 a.m. on week nights are different breeds and it’s fun to talk to people I wouldn’t normally see.

But damn, I’m tired. Working until 2:30 a.m., coming home and washing the smoke off me then falling into bed to get back up at 6:30 a.m. for my day job. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this kind of tired. My bone marrow is tired.

But if all goes well we’ll be totally debt free before Bush leaves office and whatever incarnation of the Antichrist is put in his place. I’ve become less of a democrat and more of an anarchist what with all the recent in your face-blatent “f*** you stupid fearful citizens” governing going on in this country. (See any of the links above.) With all the recent total lack of understanding by all parties that the government works for us and should be scared of us, not vice versa, it will be good to be out of the weight of debt and reliance on a certain level of income just in case the shit hits the fan so to speak. Happy Independence Day will take a new meaning.

Maybe the Mayans are right and we only have until 2012. Of course, if that’s true I might want to rethink my fashion decisions. I guess I could just be overly tired too.

Lord, I need more coffee.

Thank goodness we’re going camping this weekend. I think I’m in need of fewer humans and more greenery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home