5.23.2007

Life Hacks

While bored at work today I scoured Fark.com and found this: Life Hacks: 10 Simple Ways to Not Screw Up Your Life. My oh my how perfect is this. In a nutshell it says: Chill the hell out already, you aren't that important, but try to have some fun while you're here. Which really....totally makes me feel good inside to hear.

I cleaned out my yahoo inboxes today and deleted over 200 emails. Most of which were just replies or snippets of conversation. I found the emails from our quest to move back to HomeTownVille last year and how excited we were, and all the plans we were making. Including emails from realtors and building plans for a house we found that we wanted to buy. Reading them made me feel so naive.

Sure being back there this weekend made me miss seeing everyone all the time and going hiking and just being laid back. I didn't have to worry about people bothering us or asking for change or stealing my car if it wasn't locked. But I just can't get in the headspace again that wrote those emails. I couldn't be that far away from Coen or my sister or even our friends here, though we left dear ones behind. I get shakes thinking we'd be away from this huge glamourous city. So what happened?

I asked theMan at lunch about it and he said he knew he didn't try to make it work like he could have. I personally think it was a way for me to spend time with the loved ones that passed on while we were there. Time I wouldn't have been able to spend living here. But honestly, I don't know where those dreams and goals went. Now I don't make plans that far in advance. Sure we might buy a house next year, I don't know. Reading those emails I had it all planned out and it went directly to shit very fast.

Maybe moving there and then coming to Chicago again, finding it as our home, just made me stop trying to make so many plans. I think that's a decent life hack.

You can't plan life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home