5.06.2007

Miss Scarlet in the conservatory with a candlestick

This time around living in Chicago we're hoping to actually get off our asses and venture out into this fair city. This weekend we were throwing around the idea of going to a state park, but thought...wait, that isn't in the city.

So Friday we met up at a bar with my co-workers before viewing a comedy show put on by the ladies whom I photographed extremely racist-ly a few months ago. I must say
the start of the weekend was off to a bang as soon as the best burger I've ever had in my life hit my lips. Beef covered in Wisconsin cheese spread with veggies on a pretzel roll. No shit.

The comedy show was fabulous, totally racist, and hilarious. I kept forgetting she worked in Accounting!

Yesterday we ventured out to the Garfield Park Conservatory for the day. You can see the pictures in my conservatory set in Flickr. WHAT A TREASURE!? So much so that I'm taking my GWO crew back. And it was only a $5 donation. After seeing all that vegetation I wanted a salad something fierce, so we ate at Handlebar, a restaurant theMan had been wanting to try forever. And again: Fabulous!

Then to top it off I spent 6 hours babysitting the cutest baby in Illinois. The Coen-ster gave me a run for my money and it was exactly how to end a great Saturday.

Tonight is our Home For the Wayward Teens meal and the theme tonight is PEACHES. I'll post recipes and pictures tomorrow.

I love spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home