5.02.2007

We are creators

I can't believe this, but I found inspiration in one of those women's fashion rags. The source was an interview with Salma Hayek in Marie Claire. I was given the mag to read on the train by my co-worker and thought, eh, why not. Usually these magazines make me feel like starving myself and running up my credit card debt, but today I walked away with ideas on how to wear my black blazer and an appreciation for my body.

I just acquired a new cousin today (Mrs. T's sister gave birth today at 6:05 EST and she thankfully got to experience it with her!). When lately it seems our government, the media, and people in general want to hold us ladies down, these words from a movie star can inspire us to keep our head up. Who'd a thunk it. If there is one piece of advice I could give the new little girl born today, it would be: remember you are divine.

"This is what makes us divine. Look at our bodies! If there is one thing that should make women feel like goddesses, it should be our bodies, and instead it's the one thing that makes us feel unworthy. Insecure. Obsessed. Dirty. Explain this to me."

I wish I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home