5.18.2007

I have a craft

I'm going to use my blog to whore myself out. Although that sentence seems redundant since isn't a blog really ALL ABOUT whoring yourself? Anyways, a couple posts ago I talked about possibly selling my jewelry on Etsy, but it was sorta just rolling around in my head as an idea.

I've been posting pictures of my stuff on my Flickr page and my mom, crafty lady that she is, has been bragging to her co-workers at the hospital she works at about them (of course, in between showing off Coney Sauce, but how could you not?) and showing off the set I made her for Mother's Day. So Wednesday night I get a call wondering if I can make 3 pairs of custom earrings for her co-workers to match some clothes she just bought!!

AND her co-workers want to see my catalogue. Catalogue??? So I rushed home, uploaded everything to Etsy, made business cards, ordered boxes, made the order, and bought mailing packages and now, apparently I'm a businesswoman.

My shop is called UR Beautiful Designs because it's the name that has been rolling around in my head when I allow my cynical self to dream about doing photography full time. It's inspired by the boudoir and pregnancy photos I take of my friends because my goal for them is to look at those pictures and say "I am beautiful, aren't I?" It also came from this quote I saw while I was in California in 1997 at a Christian (I know...) conference. A lady had this written on her Bible: "Someone tell her she's already beautiful." It just kinda stuck.

Maybe there is something to dreaming? Sometimes it comes true.

So here goes: http://www.urbeautiful.etsy.com/ Wood earrings: $8.00--Glass bead earrings: $10.00. I also do custom pieces for the same price, so if you don't see a color combination you like, let me know. Check back weekly as I will be adding new pieces every Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home