11.21.2005

Glutton Fest 05

I haven't uploaded any pictures yet because 1.) I'm at work and 2.) I only got like 3 since I spent most of my Sunday eating the food instead of taking pictures HOWEVER, what will be posted tonight that is even better than pictures is recipes!!! Because you all should seriously consider cooking some of the foods we brought to the table this Sunday.

Friday we decided against joining the 100,000 wizards at the movies and went shopping instead followed by more shopping all day Saturday. I acquired my first 2 pairs of pointy toed shoes for really really cheap as well. I’m stoked! I had my doubts about those shoes until I saw how slender my Size 10 sleds looked in them. YUM.

Saturday night we took our dad and brother (sans bitchy little sophomore girlfriend) to get veggie burritos and record shopping. Dad walked into the record shop and immediately found 2-3 records he’d been looking for over the past few years. Sunday we picked them up again and dropped him off at more record shops where they came back with arms full of goodies! My brother’s girlfriend was being a bitch again so he dumped her and we spent Sunday telling him how cute he was without her. Sis straightened his hair and we sent him back to her looking achingly cute so she’d get so jealous she’d beg for him to come back to her even though he would flatly refuse. I told him I’d cut a bitch if she screwed with him. Nobody messes with my little bro.

We spent a lot of the day yesterday cooking but Dad and Chippee made it bearable by playing some guitar and singing aloud to Tom Petty while we chopped and sautéed.

If only I could have bottled the aromas that were wafting around our kitchen. The menu included: Butter soaked young turkey stuffed with cranberry herb stuffing, blueberry/tofu/pecan salad, mashed potatoes with sour cream, broccoli & sugar snap peas cooked in olive oil and dill spices, vegan banana bread, Hawaiian sweet bread and honey wheat berry bread fresh from the bread machine, and my sister’s homemade recipe of sweet potatoes and Bartlett pears baked in maple syrup and amaretto with walnuts sprinkled on top. For dessert we offered pumpkin rolls, sweet potato pie and pumpkin cheesecake topped with French vanilla whipped cream.

For the vegans I made sweet potato, red bean and chipotle chilli. Even the carnivores were sneaking turkey into it by the end of the meal. The only thing that didn’t work out was my Vegan Chocolate of the Gods Mousse because I needed a food processor.

As soon as the last guests left we all passed out. I woke up to leftovers that warmed my tummy and a slight wine hangover that made it all too hard to get out of bed.

The lovely part is that it’s only a 3 day week and back to the cooking! WOO HOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home