11.09.2005

Brussell Sprouts

The title of the post is dedicated to my lovely sister. She came home from work, all hopped up on menstral cramps and concocted a plate of steamed brussell sprouts and mahi mahi fish fillets for my lunch today. Sadly, as the past has told me, I still don't like brussell sprouts. But bless her heart, she gets an A for effort.

Re-entry back into the work place is not going so hot. I got an allergic reaction yesterday at lunch to something and now my chin is tender and numb all the way from the incision up. I also get tired in the evenings. I just realized it's only been a week since my surgery but hey, I have no patience. So I'm waiting on a call from my doctor to see what I need to do. It better not involve canceling my trip to Ohio this weekend because there is a particularly pudgy little monkey that needs some squeezing time from her Auntie. Not to mention her parents are pretty cool too. ;)

I have three weeks until I take my blood test to find out of I need to take thyroid hormones or not. I'm plugging full steam ahead in making sure my diet is 98% healthy until and after that time so hopefully I will not have to take any medicine. Now I still need to reasearch to see if that even matters, but I'm giving it a shot for now anyhoo. So far so good. The most I went off my planned eating yesterday was I had a bite of Sis's PMS pie. Normally I would have had a slice to myself. Plus, I've given up my morning coffee in lieu of a cup of hot tea. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm no good with pills.

Our Grandma and Mom were up for my surgery and they came through the door with 3 boxes of food: 12 pumpkin rolls, a pan of apple slices and caramel sauce, 2 pies (one Sugar Cream, my favorite), chips, salsa, candy of all sorts, 24 Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and 24 servings of kettle corn. This was to get us through the weekend apparently. My Grams loves to spoil us kids, especially with food. However by Sunday when most of it remained uneaten and I was throwing out the Sugar Cream Pie with only one slice out of it, I sorta woke up. A year ago we would have all plowed through this stuff. I actually went to the kitchen to get some grapes instead of a piece of pie. Holy shit. That’s big to me too. I’ve been a big girl most of my life and have eaten everything in the house, especially when sitting home for 3 days straight on the couch. I didn’t even touch most of that stuff and I was within 10 feet of it all weekend.

So maybe I can get through this thyroid business with just a good diet. There is hope!

The bonus of having to choke down liquids for 2 days was that I think I lost weight in the last week. My work clothes were loose this morning and 2 people have commented, one of which was my husband. If my husband notices I lost weight I think it's official without seeing a scale. I wonder if I can keep it off.

I know I promised you pics of Vicoden flushing and I will. I'm still spending my nights on the couch though so I'll see what I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home