8.01.2005

Blahville, Population Me

Yay! My graphics are back!

I’m sick today. I woke up sick Saturday morning and it progressively got worse including today. Being sick in the summer is like being allergic to chocolate. It’s not fair.

Speaking of not fair, I had to email my favorite production team today and tell them I cannot take off any days of work at my new job to help with this awesome film they are doing. In fact, the new job thought it best to not take any days off my first 6 months, since this is the time I prove myself. Yipes. I can’t properly describe how depressing that is to me, missing the film and all. But I gotta pay the bills and I can’t lose my job. Damn. So far that is the only downfall to this new gig, that and blisters from wearing heels.

There is a part of me that feels like I’m selling out by picking work over creating art. I can see myself staying at this job for a long time and I’ve wanted a job like this for years. Why does that make me feel guilty? Ugh, I don’t have it in me to contemplate this one for too long today.

I might even have to miss my mom’s wedding. That makes me sad as well as the film since my entire family will be there and lately, especially since my cousin’s death, we’ve been getting closer. We’re finally realizing the value in each other, so I hate to miss seeing everyone again. Not to mention, when we get together and there is a free bar, we usually create some stories.

My sister is now living with us. I don’t know if I mentioned that? This was the first weekend of her official Chicago residency and today is her first day with Pete the Hair God. That lucky bitch gets to spend 8 hours a day with that glorious human being. Yum. She is such a help too. Of course, that’s not why I want her here, but it helps to come home and she’s cooked one of her fabulous meals. Although after a mishap this weekend (which involved theMan leaping up and running face first, wearing only a condom, into the bathroom door to hide himself), she now knows to knock first before running into our room in the mornings. Thankfully the new place has doors.

Speaking of, we’ve got 2 more weeks until we move into the new place. We started packing Saturday night and downsizing from all the crap we’ve collected the last 3 years in that wood paneled paradise. Our new apartment, though more rooms, is smaller in the storage space/closet area so we’ve gotta get rid of the excess. I’m finding it very easy to let go of crap I haven’t used in years. I’ve already promised my “movers” a vat of chilli for helping us but maybe there won’t be much to help with. Do you guys just want to throw everything away when you move and start over? I’m finding myself filling more trash bags than boxes at this point.

Anyhoo…blah blah blah. I promise to be more entertaining when this cold subsides. Right now I’m Ms. Corporate America by day and Ms. Packing Up the Apartment by night. It doesn’t lend itself to a very exciting blog entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home