7.28.2005

Karma

How’s this for karma? My old job emailed me because I had asked about some forms and my work email automatically put their response into the “Junk Email” folder in Outlook. Heh. However, the good news is they are offering to pay me for an extra week of work so I will get a full paycheck from my old job. That news couldn’t have come at a better time considering I’m selling our TV tonight and possibly eggs just to make a car payment this month. Oy vey. So that place actually ended on a good note, completely not what I was expecting.

The new job is going well. Too well. I also learned that news travels fast here. Yesterday I impressed my boss by doing a PowerPoint presentation in 10 minutes instead of the day they thought it would take me and I no sooner get to the receptionist’s desk about 5 minutes later when a person from the other side of the office congratulated me on a good job! Guess that answers my question about “should I get on Yahoo Messenger at work?” NO. People know what you do here. So far everyone has been great though. Asking me out to lunch, making me feel welcome and generally offering support and help. Did I mention I just got an email that says they are all going out for 10 cent wings next week???? WINGS? I might never quit.

Tomorrow I go to lunch with my boss. He reminds me of my Accounting professor at college, even looks like him. I have to stop myself from calling him Mr. Smith.

So to all my Yahoo Messenger buddies, I fear I might be offline for a bit during the day. I miss you dearly though….especially my 8 hour chats with Erica. Thank god I can still check email.

Oh and the dressing up part of the job? It’s day 3 and I had to bring in my flip flops because my feat are covered in blisters and aches from 2 days of heels. I gotta invest in flats before I have to army crawl around the cubicle farm. I also had to re-wear one of my pairs of dress pants and it’s only Wednesday. So if any lovely reader out there is thinking of buying me a birthday present this month, I’ll take a gift card to “Respectable Office Clothes for Cheap but that Flatter Big Thighs and Tits.” I think that store is somewhere on Michigan Avenue for anyone in the same boat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home