6.13.2005

Mall of America

I did something this weekend that usually ends with me in tears and shoveling fist fulls of cheesecake in my mouth to console myself. I went to the mall and tried on clothes in stores I usually cannot fit into anything in. And guess what? I fit into things! It was so much fun! I actually went into store and tried on things. I know, big deal right? But it is a big deal when you normally point yourself immediately for the "plus size" section without any hope of trying on cute stuff.

Woo hoo! And when I got on the scale yesterday and it told me I lost 40 lbs. in one week, I almost bent down and kissed it. Sure, the thing is broken, but I haven't seen that weight on a scale since 10th grade.

My day off on Friday went wonderful. It was exactly what I needed. I did everything I said I was going to do plus got to see some hispanic gang members fist fight on the beach. Lovely. But I must tell you about something big that happened...

I went to my first screening for the Wednesday film I did with Ben. It was interesting seeing something I worked on with about 30 people I didn't know in a theater. Very surreal. His film just so happened to be the last one, so I didn't realize I was so nervous or even why I was so nervous until I had bitten off a nail or two waiting through all the moody, sorta predictable student films. Then his came up and people in the theater actually laughed at the jokes and made positive comments. When my name scrolled across as Mannequin Wrangler/Art Director....well, I was on cloud 9. I think I called everyone I knew that night. So yea, this is DEFINITELY what I want to do for a living. What a payoff too, after all that work, seeing other people enjoy it? Yum. Sign me up for more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home