6.06.2005

Summer

....

This weekend I was woken up with breakfast in bed! So how could the rest of the weekend suck after that? In fact, it didn't. It was fabulous. SO great, that I'm calling into work on Friday if all goes to plan.

I went to this great little pottery place by myself with a purse full of lunch and a jug of iced tea and sat for 2 hours in blissful quiet and painted on Saturday. There was a group of girls for a bridal shower type thing in there. The bride picked the background color and the theme (flowers) and each girl was going to make her a plate. So basically her dishes will all be hand-painted by the people in her wedding. I just thought that was kinda cute.

Yesterday after a huge breakfast with friends, we each got a full body massage from the lovely Ms. Shelby. And when I mean full body, I mean FULL BODY. She worked muscles I didn't know I had. Forearms, my belly, my hips, even my hands and feet. We even found a big ol' knot in my shoulder blade that almost made me cry, but in a good way. I made her some fudge mint brownies as trade, but after that I think I owe her about 14 more batches.

Finished up the gorgeous, hot weekend with a picnic with Jen K., Jose, Jzn and theMan down by the lake in a cool wind. We traded puking stories and laid in the grass until 10:00 p.m. Lovely, lovely evening.

But something happened at that picnic that I'm not even sure I can do justice to in words. We were sitting around when these 2 twin girls, maybe 6 years old, straight out of The Shining came up to us. One put her hand on theMan's head in sort of a blessing type way why the other held her hand out over the food and sorta hissed and grunted. These girls were maybe 6 but not ONE word was spoken the whole time. They then stepped back and one girl knocked the other over on the ground. Then she returned back to our picnic on all fours and crawling on hands and knees back to our picnic and repeated her grunting and hissing and hand waving over the food. The other girl put her shirt over her head and fell down hard on the ground. The whole time their movements were like they were on fire, but no one but them could see the flames. After about 6 minutes the mother and fat older brother came over and dragged them away. BUT STILL NOT ONE WORD WAS SPOKEN. We later saw one of them run out into traffic with her hands in her hair like she was tearing it out.

I seriously cannot tell you how fucked up this was to witness. I would not have been surprised had they levitated or their little heads spun around.

Between the hissing, the waving of hands and the running around like they were on fire IN COMPLETE SILENCE, I think I will be okay if I never see anything weird again in my life.

On my speakers: "Smells like Funk"-Black Eyed Peas

1 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

wish i woulda been at that picnic to see that!

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home