7.29.2004

Biker Babes

Well it was our first try at riding our bikes to work. Few problems:

1.) I'm a lard ass and totally out of shape. I felt like I was going to puke (eating first didn't help), I felt like my legs were going to give out and my heart explode from my chest.

2.) Cars are evil. theMan almost got hit by a lady trying to pull into a parking lot instead he hit his brakes and almost went over the handlebars, crashing into the ground. He called her a "fucking bitch," she gave him the peace sign and went about her business. My protective skills were nil since all I could do was stand there and watch, not getting off my bike in shock to help. Now he's all bloody and I feel so selfish for not reacting.

3.) Lake wind is not helpful when you're riding into it. Ugh.

However, I'm going to see how riding alone tonight will be and see how my legs feel in a few hours. Plus we're saving $40 a week in L fare and gaining good health (as long as motorists leave us alone)! I better lose a frickin' midget in pounds if I do this daily or I'm resigning myself to being fat for life.

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home