7.25.2004

GWO 5 - Recap (Long Entry)

WOW! I had such a blast this weekend. Seeing some of my best pals, catching up and seeing Jennifer's cute little belly.....awww, come on October! It's officially been one year of these GWO's (girl's weekend out) and these girls mean the world to me. This last year has rocked. So anyhoo, here's a recap of the latest one. Or if you don't want details, go to the previous entry and see our silly pics. Word. Tomorrow I will upload all the pics to my Yahoo! album as well.

Thursday I left work around 2:00 p.m., finished up some grocery shopping and house cleaning and then Erica showed up around 4:00 p.m. (after getting stuck in some construction). We commenced eating on some taco dip until Jennifer called and said she was running a couple hours late. So Erica & I went to Potbelly's for some dinner. My pal Rodney was working and got to come sit with us, sharing his newest poem and chatting. After Potbelly's we stopped in an expensive boutique b/c we saw a cute pregnant shirt in the window. Get this: A simple t-shirt with the words "Due In December" but it was $58.00!! Screw that. So we decided to kill some more time at Michael's Craft Store before going to the maze that is O'Hare International Airport. Had many a laugh as we circled the Arrival area looking for an entrance to the parking lot. Finally met with Jennifer with litle problems and headed back to my place. I haven't eaten McDonald's since watching "SuperSize Me" but we all decided to pick some up anyways. Once we got back to the house we took a walk to Lincoln Square for a treat, and then walked back. Gorgeous night but the woodshack felt like 100 degrees. Jennifer brought her doppler so we got to listen to the heartbeat live instead of on her website like usual. Went to bed around 11:00 p.m.

Friday: Got up and took theMan to work and came to Nookie's Tree for breakfast. It was beautiful outside, almost chilly. After breakfast we drove downtown and tried to find a cheap boatride. Nothing under $20.00 so we just went to H&M & Filene's Basement instead. Heather called so we headed back to the car and back home. Met up with Heather at the house, got changed into beach wear and went to BW3's for hot wings. Erica convinced me to get "Hot" instead of "Medium" and I ended up chapping my lips and the area around my mouth. They were sooooooo hot I could barely stand it. Us girls love us some hot wings, but DAMN!

After lunch we went to the beach to lay out. It ended up being cold and windy so we just laid on the towel and talked. Jennifer dug a hole in the ground for her belly and that's when she started to really feel the baby move, at least for sure. Someone at work told her to try it on a beach because then you can lay on your stomach and really feel stuff. Wish we could have felt it too but it was cool enough being there with her. Heather passed out so after she woke we got our things together and headed for the hotel. Showered and changed we came back downtown to Leona's for dinner. Dinner ended up being not that spectacular but the dessert made up for it. I don't know what's happening to Leona's, it's just not that great anymore.

After dinner we went to a couple sex toy shops in the area and Jennifer tried on some not-to-appropriate tank tops. For instance: the shirt with "I am a virgin" on it was especially funny with her big ol' preggo belly sticking out. There was another one that said "Stay the fuck away from me" which I was so tempted to get for Erica when she gets pregnant or to wear at familly gatherings.

After we picked up the car we went back to the hotel for some sleep and more talk.

Saturday: Got up bright and early, ate breakfast a little diner by the hotel and headed out to Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall. Ended up getting into major traffic but finally got around it. The mall was a lot of fun and we stayed there for 7 hours. Yea, I didn't think I'd like malls that much but this had like 200 stores. The maternity store was pretty funny (yet sad) because we all tried on the fake belly's and outfits. I really liked this dress but couldn't quite justify buying maternity since I've got a few 100 years. Ended up getting some deals until we just couldn't walk anymore. So we left.

Headed back to the hotel we stopped and ate at Outback Steakhouse where we had a really freaky waiter. His name was Ave (like Ave Maria) which was strange because in October we had met this spiritualist named "Ava". He was indian and definitely bi-sexual and started telling us about white culture and how we were prideful and how he met this 19 year old that was his spiritual love. How he was told he would meet this person, that the boy doens't really understand it. WEIRD. Interesting but a lot to take in. Some of the things he talked about rang true to me, at least reminded me of what I have been reading but there was just something off about him. Oh well....we were stuffed and exhausted at this point so we went back to the hotel, talked, read about pregnancy and talked some more then passed out.

I awoke this morning to some nightmares. I was chasing this chick that wrecked my car and I remember seeing her, turning around getting on all 4s and growling like a beast when Erica woke me up because I was screaming and moaning. Weird night. So I took Jen to the airport, we all said our good-byes and now I'm back at home washing clothes and missing my girls.

Smooches ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home