3.08.2004

Good morning! Had a fabulous weekend that I'm not quite recovered from. If you are in the Chicago area, go visit the Museum of Contemporary Art's Lee Bontecou exhibit. It was unbelieveable.

Let's see what did I do....Saturday I made some compliation CD's for my Dad's birthday and then went book shopping at Myopic Bookstore. I love that store....I can't wait to own my own. Went out to eat at Wishbone and finally got to have me a Bloody Mary. YUM! Sunday we went to the MCA for that art exhibit, ate at Nookie's (god, I love this place) and did a little shopping. To top off the weekend I came home to a 2-hour marathon of COPS and some Halo with Rodney & theMan! Whoo hoo!

We bought a really good documentary called "Hell House" this weekend. It's essentially about a church in Texas that puts on a haunted house minus the ghosts. Instead of ghosts and vampires, they reenact the Columbine shootings, botched abortions, suicides, rapes and drunk driving deaths. Then at the end the kids in these situations get shunned at the gates of heaven and go to hell for their sins. Fun! When the visitors are shuttled out of the Hell House they are given an option of being prayed for. It's bizarre. I understand what they are trying to do with it, but they are slightly out of touch. For instance, they use a Star of David instead of a pentagram on their occult altar and the "Rave" expert seems like he's maybe been to one basement dance party and is now an expert. Aw well....it's an original idea. I'll give them that. And like all good religious ideas it's chock full of guilt. I wonder how many people that are scared into being "saved", actually stay "saved". Would be interesting statistics to look at.

Looks like March & April will be sorta busy for the Mistress. I'm stoked! I may be spending a lot of time in Wisconsin as well. I'm really really really getting excited to see my sister. I miss her so much. I wish I could just go pick her up and hang out with her for a month straight. 2 more weeks......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home