10.01.2008

Survival Kit

Sorry to leave you so long with that depressing entry. I ended up getting laid, fantastically (sorry parents if you are reading this), and had a great GWO to boot since that downward spiral. I highly recommend getting together with your girlfriends, giving yourselves pedicures and teasing your hair like it's the early 90's. You won't stop laughing. Especially with booze involved.

I also highly recommend buying this lube. I got it as a birthday gift from my BFF Jen and OH MY GOD.

Anyhizzle, I might or might not have a potential very close friend who is with child and all of her questions and concerns are sooo reminding me of myself 3 short months ago. So I decided to put together a pregnancy survival kit for her. I'll take pics when it's done but so far, here is what I found I cannot live without. In fact, most of these must be in my possession at all times.

-Tums (I started with the smoothie flavor, now the mint ones ROCK and double as a mint!)
-Water bottle (The thirst, my god. It looks like a fallen water bottle graveyard at our house with all the empties)
-Book: Your Pregnancy Week by Week (One of few books, minus the small section on miscarriage, that doesn't make me feel like the baby is going to die if I sleep wrong. Also recommended by my doctor for that same reason.)
-Book: Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (No bullshit and has my favorite motto: 9 months on/9 months off concerning getting your figure back.)
-Bella Band (The only thing that kept my tight waisted pants up without having to get maternity pants at 8 weeks along. They also assure me I can wear it throughout and even right after giving birth.)
-Lube (Above linked lubricant. 2nd trimester orgasms feel like you found Jesus and he wants you to have multiple orgasms with visions of pyramids and naked men washing your car. Why not have some help.)
-Kleenex packets/purse-size (Apparently in pregnancy everything that can create mucous does, not only your vagigi, but also your nose. Constantly. Without end.)
-Pregnancy Journal (I found one at BabiesRUs I loved. It has a place for your thoughts from the first time you pee on a stick, ultrasound pictures, pictures of your belly, everything. Recommend getting one of these versus a baby book because this way you can write down throughts about your entire pregnancy, not just delivery. I mean, you go through a LOT more than just labor, might as well make it about you. May even be useful for your daugther one day, since they are supposed to follow their mother when giving birth to their own!)

So far, these I cannot live without. I didn't include the body pillow or stool softeners or even a nice vibrator for when your husband thinks his penis is going to somehow hurt the baby if he goes at you from behind, but mostly those things you will know if you need or not. The above, I cannot live without. They are either comforting (books) or maintenance required (kleenex/tums).

So I'll let you know how my hopefully very definitely pregnant friend likes her kit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home