3.13.2007

Whoa...seriously?

A housekeeping meme...or just when you thought this blog couldn't get more boring.

Aprons (Y/N):
Yes. I have a fabulous red and white striped one from my great-grandmother. Although I hate to wear it because it's so special. Maybe I could make it into a skirt? With my ass showing apparently.

Baking (Favorite thing to bake): ANYTHING! I love to bake! theMan's favorite thing was my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with real chocolate shavings...but it's been awhile. Baking is my form of alchemy. It soothes my soul.

Clothesline (Y/N): I don't have a clothesline but I would love one. I have so many memories of running through clothes hanging on a clothesline at my grandma's houses.

Donuts: Boston Creme filling donut covered in chocolate OR Hostess chocolate donuts (the little ones). But take those cake donuts and shove them up your ass. Yuck.

Every Day (One homemaking thing you do every day): Hmm...I'd say try to make the bed but really there isn't anything I do everyday other than putting the toaster away.

Freezer (Do you have a separate deep freeze?): God I wish. It's the standard hooked to our fridge. I'd love one that was stand alone that I could fill with veggies. Frozen chopped veggies are one of the things I require to make almost any meal.

Garbage Disposal (Y/N): No, but I don't think I've ever had one.

Handbook (What is your favorite homemaking resource?): My aunt sent me a cookbook from the 60's with pictures of hippies with armpit hair in it and it tells you how to make anything from scratch with few ingredients. I cherish this book.

Ironing (Love it or hate it?): I don't even own an iron. (Sorry mom.)

Junk drawer (Y/N) (Where?): In the kitchen, by the sink full of batteries, cell phone chargers, cards and dice and manuals to all my kitchen appliances.

Kitchen (Design and decorating): We rent so we take what we can get, but I love to pepper my kitchen with old kitschy stuff and all colors of the rainbow. Right now there is a red sci-fi poster, racists salt & pepper shakers and a light display stolen from a run-down mental institution.

Love (What is your favorite part of homemaking?): Decorating. That's probably why we move so much. I love designing a room. When we buy a place, it's going to get scary with some of my paint choices.

Mop (Y/N): My sister said I needed to vacuum our carpet and I have all hardwood floors. Guess I should at least sweep, eh?

Nylons: What? I suppose since we're talking about housework we are talking "stereotypical" women stuff too. I like nylons in the bedroom and if they are fishnets. Other than that, no thanks. A good shave and some lotion looks better usually. They are good for storing onions though!

Oven (Do you use the window or open the door to check?): Open the door, even though it lets the heat out. I have to poke things to see.

Pizza (What do you put on yours?): My perfect pizza would include feta, red peppers and garlic. YUM.

Quiet (What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?): Every morning I sit by the front windows with my breakfast and my cup of coffee. I watch the sun rise and pet our dog. I can't think of starting my day otherwise.

Recipe card box (Y/N): I have a cookbook that houses all printed recipes off the internet and passed on in. So it's more like a recipe "binder" without the binding part.

Style of house: Apartment, third floor and the walls look like the outside of a demented birthday cake but I freaking love it.

Tablecloths and napkins? Painted tabletop with placemats. No napkins, but I'm working on collecting those this year.

Under the kitchen sink (Organized or toxic wasteland?): I have no "under the sink" because of the radiator. But there is a bag of dog food under there next to it.

Vacuum (How many times per week?): None...wood floors.

Wash (How many loads of laundry do you do in a week?): I have no idea as I do not handle this. theMan (thank sweet merciful god) does this chore in exchange for me doing dishes. All I know is I give him $25.00/mo. for budget for quarters to run the machines.

X's (Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?): Yes, I'm an anal retentive list maker, at work and at home.

Yard (Who does what?): We have none, but I do pick up dog shit when necessary.

Zzz's: I must get 7-8 hours or I'm a zombie. I go to bed at 9:30-10:00 and get up at 6:15 a.m. everyday, even the weekends now. Getting old is so much fun....I can't even fathom sleeping in until 10 like I used too.

Your turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home