3.27.2007

Memories we make


I've been asked to do more and more paid photo gigs lately and it's sparking my interest again in taking pictures as a side hobby. I mean, I always take my camera everywhere. But to be commissioned to do work that someone else directs, that's new. I'm also finally confident enough to accept the work.

So in my quest to just see where this takes me, I'm updating my old portfolio. This means I drug out a tub from the bowels of our closet to sort through pictures of yester-year to add to the digital ones I've been accumulating lately.

My god. I swear every photo I took from 1996-2000 was of the same moody pose with dramatic lighting and everyone, EVERYONE looked like they were BERSHON till the break of dawn. Ugh.

I'm glad I've finally embraced the "smile" for my subjects. It was quite a trip to see how far I'd gone and to remember why I loved photography from the moment I picked up my first Pentax.

P.S. Also, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I've uploaded 2 pictures from my Senior year of high school. I've been thinking about how fast time is going so when I came across those in my photo box, well I couldn't resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home