3.20.2007

Baby Bum Cake

I finished the putting together of ye olde diaper cake this weekend for the upcoming baby shower for my cousin. (Ashlee, if you're reading this...here is your present. SURPRISE!)

It proved to be really fun and only went through about 3 transformations before I finally decided to quit fucking with it and let it go. Most of the stuff I got from the dollar store and believe it or not, there are 96 diapers on this mofo.

Mrs. T. & I will be hosting our second baby shower this Saturday in our short party planning career. Since we've both got the "I want one" blues (her more than me, infinitely, I wouldn't even try to compare...come on you stupid ovaries already!!) we decided over emails today to go about this shower like so: To show everyone that our parties are awesome and make them jealous of our extreme decorating, cake designing, and game playing skills and to just watch Ashlee glow and everyone stuff themselves silly while we look fashionably hip in our leopard flats and skirts while staying cool under pressure. And as the last person leaves we'll high-5 and eat the rest of the cake.

We'll be Samantha if we were playing Sex & The City: The Baby Shower edition.

So yea, we're taking the high road. It's just that I got a sick high off people telling me we should go into the catering business during the last one we hosted, I think because I've wanted to do something like that for a long time. We come from a line of caterers and planners, so why not. And how freaking fun would it be to go into business with your best bud??

But for now we will continue to use our superpowers to spoil our family and friends and get compliments like junkies straight to the vein. Seeing people happy is a good drug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home