9.17.2006

365 Project


Day 1/365 Project
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.
So anything Cecily does, I'm down for. Well except I probably will skip the heroin addiction part.

I was browsing blogs today after a weekend with my girls, a weekend in which I felt gorgeous being in their presence. Of course, dancing always does that for me too. However, some of their radiance helped as well.

These girls are beautiful, truly. From spirit to hair color. But do they know it? Do I? I found myself looking at them several times this weekend and thinking: they make my world a better place...exactly how they are.

There is a project in Flickr called 365 I learned about from Cecily and her BFF, Sarah. You take a picture of yourself every day for 365 days. It's very inspiring and forces you to reconsider your body methinks and it's changes over a year. Something lately I've been doing a lot more of. I feel very beautiful right now. Actually insanely sexy and feminine to be blunt. More so than any other time in my life. And guess what? I haven't been dieting and I'm not down 2 jean sizes. Just me.

But I also feel bad about it too. Like I shouldn't feel sexy if I'm still covered in cellulite and such. And I think sometimes my beautiful girls feel the same way, yet...ahh, I'm not good with words.

I just hate that we can't love the skin we're in. Simply put.

I also read one time that Tim Burton took a picture of his girlfriend every single day, maybe to see the aging process and subtle changes or to just have a record of her. That always stuck with me as an interesting project to undertake.

So here I go. I'm going to just be bold, sometimes probably slutty, whatever my mood is that dya. But I'm going to do the 365 project my way. Turns out the first one will be of me in my undies but I also think I'm going to do pictures of just body parts I particularly love about myself. Then the ones I hate, but I'm going to make them look pretty on film until I change my mind.

It's just my journey. But I wanted to explain it so you don't think I'm getting all cam-whore on you.

If you do it too, send me a link. My set will be in Flickr. I won't blog about it always, I'll just keep dumping them in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home