8.25.2006

She's a Brick

“Keep your specs on, I got daggers in my eyes.”

If you haven’t watched “Brick” then before looking up to check that you haven’t lost the top part of your brain, go rent this muthafukka. It’s incredible. The dialogue and story could have been done in a way that was “eh” but because of the actors and the setting it’s placed in...genius. I almost wanted to watch it again.

I also wanted to do the horizontal mambo with the lead actor, and that always means it was a good film. If I can be summoned to actually make the effort to pull off the big rub with an actor soley based on a gritty, awe-inspiring performance, not because they are simply sexy, that is something. I can barely be persuaded to shave my legs.

I never thought I’d say it, but thank god my birthday is over. I had fun when my homies intervened, but all that in between time left alone with my thoughts was making me crazy. I made it, I’m 28, now it’s time to start something.

My job knows I’m not happy and keep dangling carrots, but sadly I’ve applied at about 15 places already because it’s just not working out. I’ve even called in the big dogs and asked some contacts I have in Chicago for referrals in my state. We shall see.

theMan is interviewing today for a graphics design position which would be something he could do from home. Just keep crossing your fingers. I’m also thinking of sticking my neck out and owning my own business too. It was on my list of life goals, along with motherhood and living in a castle. So we’ll see. When you are at the bottom, there is no where to go but up.

I feel very self absorbed right now. I want to constantly apologize to my friends and family. So let me start by saying...how are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home