3.22.2006

November 27

Spent last night until 3:00 a.m. at the ER with SIS & her baby daddy (god I love saying that). She was having cramps on one side. She had 2 ultrasounds, blood test, HCG levels tested and left with the following information:

1.) 1st bedside ultrasound showed a sac in the uterus. No fluid in tubes to suggest tubular pregnancy. Sorta looks like she's about 3 weeks along. (I got a little teary during this US to be honest.)

2.) Blood tests are great. White blood cells aren't elevated showing infection anywhere and HCG levels suggest she is 8 weeks pregnant. We were taken aback by this!

3.) Dildocam ultrasound revels cyst on right ovary but that it is"armored". Told to keep an eye on it and that her hormones might make it grow. As long as it doesn't burst, she might just be uncomfy during her pregnancy because of it. This US suggests she is 5-6 weeks.

By the way, I was in fertility heaven last night. With all the HCG levels and talk, it was like I was a nerd being allowed on set at Star Trek or something!

Looks like I'm going to be an aunt to the sweetest little gestational sac around. Though I still am a teensy bit jealous and I still worry about Sis's health....seeing the ultrasound was pretty heart tugging. That sac had me at hello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home