3.10.2006

No Vacancy

This is the first weekend in quite awhile where I have absolutely nothing planned. I don’t have to be anywhere, obligations to anyone or even any real plans. There are things I’m going to get done, but only because I have the freedom to do it. Awwww...it feels good.

I have no freaking idea how I get so busy or booked up. It’s nice, don’t get me wrong!!! Makes me feel all loved and important to have places I need to be, but hey...sometimes I just want to cuddle with my boys in front of the tube all weekend in my PJs.

One of my plans this weekend is to practice my chili recipe for the charity chili cook-off I’ve been entered in at the local Irish pub. I’m going to enter a take on my “Colt 45 & a Tittie Fuck” chili. However, now it involves sweet potatoes, 3 kinds of peppers, adobo sauce and no meat. I imagine I will be the only meatless one there, so I gotta step it up a notch.

Speaking of no meat, the vegan cookbook is coming along nicely too. I’ve cemented 4 recipes and will be tackling 2 more this weekend. I’ve even got an opportunity to sell my wares at a festival back home this fall. Plenty of time to start cranking them out!!

We’re also going to take the puppy to the beach. It’s nearly 60 degrees here, and since it’s been about 10 degrees since November, we’re taking advantage. We took him to one of the dog parks last weekend and the good doctor was so stoked he did laps and humped dogs until he about passed out. I imagine once he sees an enormous body of water and no fences, we might not see him again.

The dog is becoming quite a little princess. He's evolved from dry food, to a mixture of dry food and canned food to now we just give him canned food, of course letting him lick the spoon every time we dish it out. He also still sleeps with us, but now has to "spoon" one of us and be tucked in at night with a blankie. Don't know how he suckered us...must be his sweet face. Can I just say though, nothing beats coming home and having him so excited to see you that he almost can't contain himself! Makes me want to forgive him for peeing on my x-box.

Yet another plan is to finally finish my late cousin’s video. This is the one I’m doing for my cousin’s sisters and mother and such of all of his home videos and pictures. It’s really given me a chance to grieve for him, but I tell you, it also takes a lot out of me. I usually do editing projects like this straight through all night, but this one I’ve just been chipping away at. Circling, not wanting to dive in. All that is left is to organize the photo slideshows and I can deliver the goods. Wish me luck.

So this post is sorta just a “hey, what are you up too” thing. That’s what I get for no goal in mind when I start typing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home