11.28.2005

Well, I have to take hormones. My thyroid levels were fine before surgery but apparently after surgery my pituratory gland (spelled?) is irate that my thyroid isn’t working up to speed so it’s been pumping out extra stuff which if left untreated, means I will gain weight and get really sluggish. So I said, “Give me drugs” in a very clear voice.

I do not need to be any more sluggish or gain any more weight than I do normally on my own, thank you so much. I am curious if this will help me lose weight though. Everyone keeps telling me I look like I have, but I don’t have a scale so I’m not sure. I’d like to keep on this track! So anyways, I go back in 2 months for more bloodwork and to check on my levels.

Woooooooooo.

I'm still going to keep on the "eating healthy" track, hell even our dog does so we'll see if I can keep my weight in check while I'm getting this medicine figured out.

A bonus is that unlike birth control, I can miss 2 days of the pills because your thyroid stores enough gunk for 3-4 weeks worth of regulation, the pills just make sure it does as much as it's supposed too. So my forgetfulness won't make a huge difference as long as I don't get too forgetful.

Fuckin' A this weekend has sucked ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home