11.28.2005

Family Fun

I forgot to relate to you why I was so ready for some sort of medicinal intervention while I was in Indiana (note the Doritos at midnight). Apparently two of my youngest cousins are with guys that beat the shit out of them. Aw...Indiana.

When I was little I watched my mom get her arm broke by this piece of shit step-dad we had so I have a special place in my "pissed off" section of my brain for women beaters. Come to find out I'm sitting at my mom's table and one of the "boyfriends" is sitting across from me, and I get a phone call. So I'm chatting to my older cousin on the phone and she tells me he (the one sitting across from me) put my younger one (sitting next to him holding his hand) in the hospital earlier this week for almost breaking her sternum. I look up, get off the phone and tell her to follow me into the other room. I advise her to get him the fuck out of here before our other cousins get here (the ones that about beat the shit out of our Grandparents neighbors for fireworks, can you imagine what they'd do over woman beating?) Of course they leave and this pisses my aunt off as well. But it was a much more peaceful family dinner without him there. I wish my aunt didn't leave but what can you do.

THEN, on our way out of town (my cousin's wife is coming with me to Chicago) I pull up to the McD's to get her some breakfast as she's telling me about the other cousin that just got beat up by her boyfriend. Guess who is taking our order? The piece of shit boyfriend. So he gives me my change and I say, "Thank you and try not to beat the shit out of my cousin" to his stunned face. Then we pull off.

Jesus....Indiana, home of the wife beater, and not just the shirt version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home