8.09.2005

What?

The “Cold That Will Not Go Away” is still in full force. Now it’s blocked up my right ear and I have woken up the past 2 days with my eyes crusted shut. Weeee, I think I’ve developed pink eye(s)! Hopefully I can get into the doctor’s today. I am not having such good luck with the new job and having to miss work. Dang it.

Went to see the house location on Saturday for the film we’re doing in late August. It’s AMAZING. In fact, I kept waiting for a ghost to jump out. Nothing had been updated or really touched since 1973. In the upstairs we found strange things like a paddle with blood stains and a trunk with a complete Masonic or other type outfit all laid out reverently. Very very odd. I’ll post pictures later this week. It only took about 4 hours to really clean up too. I was a little ghetto traumatized though because I kept expecting it to smell like pee or have cockroaches everywhere. The worst thing we found were spiders and layers of dust.

The other Set Dresser was there too, a lovely gal who I hope to work with closely on this film. She’s super talented and sweet but had also been ghetto traumatized from Mrs. White’s house on the last film. So I know it wasn’t just me.

She’s from Columbia originally and was telling me about how her mother had to come here illegally in order to get her treatment for a problem she had when she was little. It was pretty amazing. Made me feel pretty darn privileged in fact to be born here.

I think the shoot is going to be awesome. We’re all camping out, a crew of about 27 people, in the middle of nowhere for 5 days. I’m sure some memories will be made.

Living with my sister is going fabulous too. It was our last weekend in the wood paneling (I hope) and she’s been such a help. Last night she made me veggie burgers with toasted buns and chilli seasoned onion rings while I slept on the couch from this stupid cold. How can you not love her? It just seems like there is a lot more laughter in the house now. I like it.

Anyways, I’m off to dose up again on some Sudafed and pray I can hear again at some point. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home